Thursday 15 October 2015

Amanzi Tea Classic Earl Grey Review


Tea: Ura (Sri Lanka) Assam (India)
Type: Loose leaf
Additional Ingredients: None
Origin: Sri Lanka and India
Vessel: Glass cup
Tea's website


Amanzi is a new tea house that at the time of this writing has two London locations. Their store is made to look like a chic tea candy store. After smelling the dry leaves for their Classic Earl Grey I found myself looking for a to let sign cause I wanted to live inside the container. The robust bergamot smell flirts with the nostrils begging to be drank.

The taste of this grey is fantastic. After my last few reviews that were of floral greys I felt like I was home again. It has a beautifully blended straightforward taste that went 1) black tea -check, 2) bergamot -check. This blend shows that you don’t always need more ingredients. The front of the taste is that of a smooth black tea and the end is of bergamot. Business in the front, party in the back.  I’ve never had chewing tobacco but I assume those that do use it love it for the feeling of the nicotine seeping into their checks. Well I had a similar sensation with this tea’s bergamot. If companies started selling earl grey in snuff-like packets I think I would need get serious help.

Amanzi Tea shop has over 150 varieties of tea. Some of them are a bit crazy but I wouldn’t say they take that crown away from T2. They claim to be a tea bar and tea shop. A new take on the traditional cafe. They have a very solid earl grey here that is in the top 10%.

No comments:

Post a Comment